Do You Have Any Problems With Your 2003 Rx 300?

My 1st SUV

We are thinking of getting the 2003 RX 300 (last model year). After reading the 18 pages of one thread started a few months ago talking about problems with transmissions (especially on 1999 first year model), I am getting concerned if it is just a first year jinx or whether it will happen across all years for the RX300.

All the other problems I have read about (plastic keys breaking, moisture in fog lamps, glove box rattles, light bulb replacement, cheap tires, etc) I can take on that risk and associated cost. But paying the same price for a used 2003 RX300 as a brand new fully loaded RAV4 (or a base new Hylander), and then having to face a likely $5000 transmission problem within a year of buying is not an acceptable risk to me.

If you own the 2003 model year, what major problems have you had and how many miles do you currently have. All comments are greatly appreciated.

We are thinking of getting the 2003 RX 300 (last model year). After reading the 18 pages of one thread started a few months ago talking about problems with transmissions (especially on 1999 first year model), I am getting concerned if it is just a first year jinx or whether it will happen across all years for the RX300.

All the other problems I have read about (plastic keys breaking, moisture in fog lamps, glove box rattles, light bulb replacement, cheap tires, etc) I can take on that risk and associated cost. But paying the same price for a used 2003 RX300 as a brand new fully loaded RAV4 (or a base new Hylander), and then having to face a likely $5000 transmission problem within a year of buying is not an acceptable risk to me.

If you own the 2003 model year, what major problems have you had and how many miles do you currently have. All comments are greatly appreciated.

A couple things to keep in mind. On these forums, for the most part, you only read from those that had/have a problem, and maybe not the majority that have not had problems.

Also, if I was in the market for a used Lexus, I'd try to buy one that still has at least a year left on it's 4 year warranty, or with a good certified warranty. I do think that any Toyota product is a good product compared to other manufactures.

:whistles: