Elec Window Malfunction

jose

Hi all,

I have had a '94 SC300 since new. On the drivers side the window is not working - the motor runs but the window does not move. Is this an easy fix or should I take it in the neck from my dealer? Any input would be really appreciated.

thanks

joe

jboyle@tsicorp.com

99% chance your "window regulator" is broken, based on your description. Basically, the the plastic peice that connects the glass to the slide track that the window slides on is probably broken, or something releated to that track anyway. Those tracks are sold as complete parts, last one I changed on a 00' bmw cost $75. I change those thiings out constantly. VERY stright forward fix, if you are comfortable removing your door panels, you can probably tackle that job on your own.

I would remove the door panel, and check it out in there, should be fairly apparent what the problem is by toying with the window switch. Then after identifying the part head up to your lexus dealer, and get the part. Its most likely somethign they keep in stock, plus then you dont guess, and get the wrong part. Good luck.

yeah, it sounds like the window regular. The part is $270 from Lexus, but I can get it for $75. Installing it is a real pain in the A$$. Have the dealer do it all. I can get you the part for the same price I paid. it takes about 1.5hrs to install, and should cost you around $150. If your dealer isn't willing to do it for that price, tell them that another dealer stated it takes an hour and half, and to prorate it.

I tried installing it myself, but it was such a pain in the A$$, i took it to the dealer.