Afermarket Stereo, Antenna Wiring Diagram, Sc400

Rich123

I have installed the Kenwood aftermarket stereo (with HD radio and Sirius built-in). I am successful except that I am having trouble with the power antenna. According to the original radio wiring diagram, I believe from connector A pin 9 is the "ant" control output. The Kenwood has an antenna control output, but when spliced into the original head unit connector, the antenna will not work. I assume that the antenna requires 12 v, ground and the control. I further assume that the 12 v and ground must have been supplied from the original head unit which is no longer connected.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the antenna and which pins in the original head unit are associated with the antenna?

Thanks, Richard

PS: If anyone else is attempting this installation, I am willing to help if I can.

I have installed the Kenwood aftermarket stereo (with HD radio and Sirius built-in). I am successful except that I am having trouble with the power antenna. According to the original radio wiring diagram, I believe from connector A pin 9 is the "ant" control output. The Kenwood has an antenna control output, but when spliced into the original head unit connector, the antenna will not work. I assume that the antenna requires 12 v, ground and the control. I further assume that the 12 v and ground must have been supplied from the original head unit which is no longer connected.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the antenna and which pins in the original head unit are associated with the antenna?

Thanks, Richard

PS: If anyone else is attempting this installation, I am willing to help if I can.

The antenna wiring on the stock lexus plug requires 2 wires to be powered by the kenwood's antenna wire ( blue ). Many people think it only requires 1 wire to make the lexus antenna go up but after some trial and error , I found out that putting 2 of the remaining wires ( wires that are left over after you've connected every other wire to the kenwood ) together caused the antenna to go up. I don't remember which 2 wires though except that one of them was black/red.

I installed a Kenwood EZ900HDS. This is a unit that includes Sirius and HD tuner built in......no tuners required. It is a single DIN of which the receiving frame (part that holds the head unit) will slide into the car's existing radio bracket. I just finished figuring out the wiring yesterday so I will now order a Scosche installation kit (with the CD storage) and cut it to accommodate the opening. I believe that I will only be using the Scosche "face" and fabricating its mounting. The wiring was not too bad after you know what the existing wires are. But that is figured out now and I am willing to help anyone with this.........

Richard

I just looked at the 94-97 GS300 Nakamichi head units and they look very similar almost appear as the same dimensions. I may just buy a kit just to see if it would work. Metra makes a kit for the GS model, not sure about scosche. Thought I would mention this. They look very close to our SC400 radio's.

I just installed my Alpine receiver into my car and it fits and looks pretty nice. The only thing that I have to figure out is how to fill in the giant gap. I just wanted to post to confirm that a single "din" receiver should fit into the factory brackets and it also sits right up underneath the climate control unit and then only gap is from the bottom of the receiver to the top of the ashtray assembly. Its a pretty big gap, but I missed not having my Alpine receiver while I was limited to only listening to the radio for the last two years. So today was a good day (as Ice Cube would say) :cheers:

I just installed my Alpine receiver into my car and it fits and looks pretty nice. The only thing that I have to figure out is how to fill in the giant gap. I just wanted to post to confirm that a single "din" receiver should fit into the factory brackets and it also sits right up underneath the climate control unit and then only gap is from the bottom of the receiver to the top of the ashtray assembly. Its a pretty big gap, but I missed not having my Alpine receiver while I was limited to only listening to the radio for the last two years. So today was a good day (as Ice Cube would say):cheers:

Does anyone know how to properly wire up the antenna wire for the power antenna. Wiring diagram states Antenna Wire "A" and Antenna Wire "B". Someone said that both of these wires should be connected to the output "Antenna" wire on the receivers wire harness? Does this sound correct?

I just installed my Alpine receiver into my car and it fits and looks pretty nice. The only thing that I have to figure out is how to fill in the giant gap. I just wanted to post to confirm that a single "din" receiver should fit into the factory brackets and it also sits right up underneath the climate control unit and then only gap is from the bottom of the receiver to the top of the ashtray assembly. Its a pretty big gap, but I missed not having my Alpine receiver while I was limited to only listening to the radio for the last two years. So today was a good day (as Ice Cube would say):cheers:

Does anyone know how to properly wire up the antenna wire for the power antenna. Wiring diagram states Antenna Wire "A" and Antenna Wire "B". Someone said that both of these wires should be connected to the output "Antenna" wire on the receivers wire harness? Does this sound correct?

Yes both wires need to be powered for the antenna to go up. Just twist them together and connect them to the blue wire of your aftermarket radio. I found the best way to fill up the huge gap is to not only install a head unit but to also install a EQ or processor underneath it to create a double din. You'll minimize the gap to the point where you'll just need a a small ABS plastic piece to cover the rest.

• 4 months later...