Paint Code For Rims?

W201 sweden

Does anyone here know, what paint code is used for the standard -95 LS wheels?

The otherwise very good Toyota dealer here, tells me there is no paint code for Toyota/Lexus wheels. Period. :wacko:

I've sandblasted my rims, put on the primer, and am ready to buy some top coating.

But since I don't plan to fiddle with the spotless center caps, I need the exact colour matching...

Any help is appreciated! :)

/Alexander

Very few manufacturers have a wheel paint code. I normally use a Mercedes single stage silver from the 1980's to repaint alloy wheels. Has a fine metallic, looks like natural aluminum. I painted the wheels on my 92 LS and they look far better than the stock whiteish colour. I used Sikkens Autocryl.

The exact colour can be had using the Sikkens colour catalogue - they have a sample of the colour with a hole punched out of the middle. You simply lay the page on the part in natural light and find one that matches. Very easy.

I was able to remove the L symbol from the centercaps and spray them as well.

• 1 year later...
Very few manufacturers have a wheel paint code. I normally use a Mercedes single stage silver from the 1980's to repaint alloy wheels. Has a fine metallic, looks like natural aluminum. I painted the wheels on my 92 LS and they look far better than the stock whiteish colour. I used Sikkens Autocryl.

The exact colour can be had using the Sikkens colour catalogue - they have a sample of the colour with a hole punched out of the middle. You simply lay the page on the part in natural light and find one that matches. Very easy.

I was able to remove the L symbol from the centercaps and spray them as well.

SRK, is this paint something you can find online (like a spray paint), or did you have a body shop do this? Is this paint similar to something like this:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/wus-892181.html?

Sikkens Autocryl is an automotive topcoat urethane, so it's mixed and applied with a regular spray gun or HVLP gun. So it's intended for autobody professionals - many shops won't sell it to "walk-ins" because of the toxicity. However some autobody shops will mix a bit for you and put it in one of those refillable aerosol guns. However you have to catalyze the paint before spraying, and reduce it, so it's not for the unfamiliar.

I used to do quite a bit of autobody and paint when I was younger and my body didn't disagree so much....