C.e.l.

Just like the topic says. I have a CEL and I don't know how to figure out what it is... I'm hoping the OBDII scanner isn't the only way.

Also, is there a way to re-set the ECU? I imagine it's just by unplugging the battery for 5 minutes, but if there is another way to do it I'd appreciate it.

Just like the topic says. I have a CEL and I don't know how to figure out what it is... I'm hoping the OBDII scanner isn't the only way.

Also, is there a way to re-set the ECU? I imagine it's just by unplugging the battery for 5 minutes, but if there is another way to do it I'd appreciate it.

Dont reset your ecu or youll lose the cel code.Most dealers will do them free of charge.Autozone will scan for free but you have to get the code because theyre interpretation of the codes seem to always be off.

I got the following:

P0441: Purge flow in the evap emission control system is incorrect

P0446: A maulfunction exists in the electrical circuit for the vent control in the evap emission control system

P0430: Catalyst system efficiency for bank 2 is below threshold for the current engine operating conditions.

The last one means I need to replace my cat I imagine, and I'm guessing that the other two go hand in hand. Can anyone correct/agree with me?

I would start by replacing your gas cap they are cheap.

You have a vacum leakin your gas system which is goin to make you loose gas.

Alright.... I typically get about 100miles to a 1/4 tank and average around 23mpg or so (highway) so would that be a little bit off? Thanks again SK, i appreciate it.

I got the following:

P0441: Purge flow in the evap emission control system is incorrect

P0446: A maulfunction exists in the electrical circuit for the vent control in the evap emission control system

P0430: Catalyst system efficiency for bank 2 is below threshold for the current engine operating conditions.

The last one means I need to replace my cat I imagine, and I'm guessing that the other two go hand in hand. Can anyone correct/agree with me?

P0441 and P0446 do go hand in hand. The diagnsostic charts are below.

P0430 can be a sign of a bad cat. Sometimes an O2 sensor and/or circuit is the problem. You need an OBDII compliant scantool to look at the oxygen sensor signals.

P0441_P0446.pdf

P0430.pdf