Lower Control Arm Bushings Vs Entire Replacemetn

brondash

I have been told by one mechanic that I have worn lower control arm bushings (both left and right) and I must replace the whole assembly. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace just the bushing if that is all that is worn? Another mechanic said replacing the bushing alone is not reliable since the replacement bushing are not made by Lexus. Would appreciate any insight.

Thanks.

daizen and another company makes replacement bushings. daizen makes urethane and the other makes oem kinda rubber bushings. do a search and you will find it. also if your ball joint on the arm is worn its worth just changing the whole arm.

I've had my lower control arm bushing changed with an aftermarket urethane bushing and my car runs great . The bushing sold by lexus is practically the same thing only its molded into and is part of the arm itself. Taking out the original bushing is VERY VERY labor intensive because years and years of weather has caused it to rust onto the arm. I paid $100 for parts and labor to replace my lower control arm bushing for the passenger side. It took 2 hours to do.

i just bought control arm bushing and am not going to use them so let me know if someone wants them and also if you want a better replacement for the control arms buy 93-98 supra non turbo control arms different part number but same fit.. lexus one were 395 a piece and supra ones were 411 for 2 with shipping... let me know and i will dig out the part numbers.....