Rx 2002 Dvd Navigation Issue

stocks12

All -

I am new here and have tried to search the previous pages but don't have the hang of it yet. I have a problem that is driving me nuts. The other day while driving my map screen went white. I restarted the car and up comes a message "no disc detected". I tried to reset the player, removed and cleaned the disc all to no avail. I saw another post on another board that said there could be a moisture issue. My player is dry as a bone. Any suggestions or anyone else have this issue? The dealer wants to replace the unit for both arms and a leg.

Thanks,

Stocks12

• 2 weeks later...

All -

I am new here and have tried to search the previous pages but don't have the hang of it yet. I have a problem that is driving me nuts. The other day while driving my map screen went white. I restarted the car and up comes a message "no disc detected". I tried to reset the player, removed and cleaned the disc all to no avail. I saw another post on another board that said there could be a moisture issue. My player is dry as a bone. Any suggestions or anyone else have this issue? The dealer wants to replace the unit for both arms and a leg.

Thanks,

Stocks12

Has anyone else had this problem?

• 4 weeks later...

All -

Thanks,

Stocks12

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem on a 2002 rx300. Dealer has quoted 2315.00 to replace the rear Nav ECU. Im looking for alternate solutions. ECU may be available via junk yard or new third party. Also,

several folks here also have installed the Pioneer Nav system. Will update when we make a decision. Anybody's comments are welcome. I'm going to guess that the Laser reader device in the DVD Reader

is the culprit. Unit is made for Lexus by Denso. With nothing to lose, I might take it to someone good

for actual repair.

All -

Thanks,

Stocks12

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem on a 2002 rx300. Dealer has quoted 2315.00 to replace the rear Nav ECU. Im looking for alternate solutions. ECU may be available via junk yard or new third party. Also,

several folks here also have installed the Pioneer Nav system. Will update when we make a decision. Anybody's comments are welcome. I'm going to guess that the Laser reader device in the DVD Reader

is the culprit. Unit is made for Lexus by Denso. With nothing to lose, I might take it to someone good

for actual repair.

I ended up buying a remanufacturered one off of eBay for $750. 5 minute install and was up and operational. I sent the old one back for a $50 credit.

• 1 month later...

Found Joe on EBAY that offers replacement nav units. Drove up there and it was a Lexus dismantling yard. He had a used Nav from a 2003 and plugged it in, worked right away. Is slightly different than the 2002, but nothing to bother about. 1000.00 and problem is cured. Expensive but the dealer was way, way higher.