Need Collision Repair Shop Tampa

changenme

Hello All,

My RX300 01 was recently hit on the passenger side front bumper at my job's parking lot, the person who works for the same company I do agreed to pay for the repairs out of pocket. I took my suv to my Lexus dealer who referred me to a place they send all of their customers. My only concern is that they will not use quality Lexus parts and paint to do the repairs. Does anyone know of a repair place in Tampa FL.

why would your lexus dealer send you to someone that they think would do a subpar job. lexus paint alone is a three step process that requires skilled people to match. i dont understand your mistrust.

why would your lexus dealer send you to someone that they think would do a subpar job. lexus paint alone is a three step process that requires skilled people to match. i dont understand your mistrust.

The mistrust comes from the fact that one it is all owned by the same company, so I know that he sent me to a place that they have to send me so the money stays in the family. Secondly it says on the estimate that the parts used will not be from the manufacturerr rather aftermarket parts whcih are only warranted by the maker of that part and not Lexus. I just do not want to have any issues a year or to down the line.

Insist on Lexus Parts and if they won't do it take it to Lexus of Clearwater. If they won't deal you could just order the bumper yourself and take it to a shop of your choice and let them paint it.

Insist on Lexus Parts and if they won't do it take it to Lexus of Clearwater. If they won't deal you could just order the bumper yourself and take it to a shop of your choice and let them paint it.

Lexus of Tampa Bay and Lexus of Clearwater are both owned and run by the same group. They are AutoWay dealerships.

Regardless, changenme, you can trust their recommendation. After my car was hit it was taken to the body shop at the AutoWay Lincoln Mercury dealership, the old Carlisle Lincoln Mercury facility, over on Hwy 60 in Clearwater. They will walk you through what they will do to the car and what parts they will use. It will all be in their quote. If you are paying and not your insurance company and you want only new parts they will only use new parts. The shop does not care. If you want to see the new parts before they go on your car, ask them to see the parts beforehand.

You are more likely to have a problem with an insurance company saying they will only pay for used body parts on a repair. It is they who tell the body shop what they are willing to pay for.

Did you ask why they were using aftermarket parts? More likely it is at the request insurance company.