Speaker Problem Passanger Side Front Door

Hi all,

My car has the Nakamichi premium sound system with 12 disc CD changer and amplifier in the trunk.

I checked my sound system in my 1992 SC400 because I had only the rear passenger and the sub that were working.

I had to replace the front and rear driver side 4" , they were dead, read over 20 Mega-ohms on my meter.

I still have no sound in the passanger door, both tweeter and 4" are good (around 4 ohms each)

but nothing is getting there.

I did pull out my cell phone+transceiver and I know that these speakers are fed throught the cell phone relay so that the conversation is channelled in those speakers.

My 100$ question;

Why isn't absolutely no sound coming out of these speakers? Do I have to bypass the cell phone relay and wire them straight out to the speakers?? If this is the case how do I do it???

thanks for any answer,

Cheers! blue

When you removed the transceiver from the trunk, what did you do with the two large wire connectors??

You need to unhook all connectors until you are left with just the two ends that are attached to the car with wires.

Then connect those two together.

Try that and let me know.

Tom

Thanks for your help Tom,

The wires I removed are the flat cable with RJ45 computer-like connector between the handset and transceiver, also removed the microphone wire to transceiver.

Also unplugged a set of wires (5 or 6) joined by a rectangle connector running from the ex-transceiver to the front, radio? thats all for now.

I still didn't find the Speaker Relay maybe that is where the other end of the connector you are telling me about is, I will try to find it.

thanks again, blue

When you removed the transceiver from the trunk, what did you do with the two large wire connectors??

You need to unhook all connectors until you are left with just the two ends that are attached to the car with wires.

Tom

Tom

I finally found my problem;

I found a wire bundle in the trunk coming from the front driver side and running under the car jack storage.

The wire bundle is dead-ended in a Y and it has a male and a female connector at each end that fits together.

I noticed that 2 wires in each connector were the same colour as those going to the passanger side speakers connector, so I measured the resistance across the blue-green wires and I read 3.8 Ohms in one of the connector.

I was then 99.5% sure that I simply had to plug them together.

I fed power to only those speakers turned the switch to ON, opened the radio and crossed my finger and plugged them together.

Yessssssss!!!!! music came out. I now enjoy the full 7 speakers of this great car.

Thanks again Tom.