Intermittent Stalling Issue When Starting Car

I have a '97, and the car stalls intermittently right after starting the car.

When the car turns over and starts, it idles under 1k for 1/2 second, and it just stalls. It will continue to do this until I gas while starting. I would need to gas it and give it a quick rev and spike it near redline and let go. Then it will idle normally and I can drive off.

Doing a search, I found that it could possibly be the AFM. I purchased one and installed it. It didn't work.

Has anyone experienced this issue? What could it be? clogged vacuum hose somewhere? If so, which one? Injectors? Fuel filter?

Thanks

I have a '97, and the car stalls intermittently right after starting the car.

When the car turns over and starts, it idles under 1k for 1/2 second, and it just stalls. It will continue to do this until I gas while starting. I would need to gas it and give it a quick rev and spike it near redline and let go. Then it will idle normally and I can drive off.

Doing a search, I found that it could possibly be the AFM. I purchased one and installed it. It didn't work.

Has anyone experienced this issue? What could it be? clogged vacuum hose somewhere? If so, which one? Injectors? Fuel filter?

Thanks

Idle Air Control Valve and Throttle body need a good cleaning.

Search on IAVC and or throttle body.

Also check the acordian-like rubber hose that goes from the air filter box to the throttle body. Look for cracks and holes. It may need replacing if there are any holes or cracks that let in more air than the MAF sensor thinks there is.

steviej