Cd Changer Error

My SC300 has a 12 disc cd changer and i put some of my burned cd-r cd's in there to see the letters "err" displayed on the screen inside my car... so i swapped it out to some store bought cd's and i saw the same "err" message. What's wrong with my unit??

If it's broken, what should i do to fix it or what should i buy in replacement of it?

Thanks Fellas

My SC300 has a 12 disc cd changer and i put some of my burned cd-r cd's in there to see the letters "err" displayed on the screen inside my car... so i swapped it out to some store bought cd's and i saw the same "err" message. What's wrong with my unit??

If it's broken, what should i do to fix it or what should i buy in replacement of it?

Thanks Fellas

Once the 12 disc changer fails they are not worth fixing. The 12 disc fujitsu changers are the worst changer lexus ever put in there cars. I can get you a lexus 6 disc that is plug and play with the bracket which allows you to mount it vertical or horizontal. Reply to this post, email me or pm me if interested.:cheers:

Thanks Fellas

Once the 12 disc changer fails they are not worth fixing. The 12 disc fujitsu changers are the worst changer lexus ever put in there cars. I can get you a lexus 6 disc that is plug and play with the bracket which allows you to mount it vertical or horizontal. Reply to this post, email me or pm me if interested.:cheers:

If DCFISH has a pre-1996 ES300 cd changer, you should consider buying it.

I read at a different Lexus forum that an ES300, trunk mounted cd-changer is plug compatible for my NAK system.

I found one at a local mom & pop salvage yard and took my sc400 out there and tried the ES300 unit. It is plug compatible and works perfectly. My car is a 1992 SC400. The ES300 unit has to be a pre-1997 unit. This cd changer is only a 6 cd unit, but that is OK with me. The NAK head unit recognises it and works well. The only problem is how to mount it in the trunk. My buddy, a mechanic, used the original brackets (He bent them artound) and mounted the 6 cd-changer sideways.

I am very pleased with this solution. The word is that the ES300 cd-changer is much better designed than the original 12 cd Nak system

It has now been in my car for nearly a year and is working great. I would look on EBAY for a 1993 - 1996 ES300 - 6-cd changer. Mine was $150.00 and was the best $150.00 that I have ever spent.

Thanks Fellas

If DCFISH has a pre-1996 ES300 cd changer, you should consider buying it.

I read at a different Lexus forum that an ES300, trunk mounted cd-changer is plug compatible for my NAK system.

I found one at a local mom & pop salvage yard and took my sc400 out there and tried the ES300 unit. It is plug compatible and works perfectly. My car is a 1992 SC400. The ES300 unit has to be a pre-1997 unit. This cd changer is only a 6 cd unit, but that is OK with me. The NAK head unit recognises it and works well. The only problem is how to mount it in the trunk. My buddy, a mechanic, used the original brackets (He bent them artound) and mounted the 6 cd-changer sideways.

I am very pleased with this solution. The word is that the ES300 cd-changer is much better designed than the original 12 cd Nak system

It has now been in my car for nearly a year and is working great. I would look on EBAY for a 1993 - 1996 ES300 - 6-cd changer. Mine was $150.00 and was the best $150.00 that I have ever spent.

Exactly, That is what I am offering with the bracket included.

How much are you asking for a 6 disc ES300 changer?

Hi,

I need one too.

My 92' Nak 12-cd changer doesn't work well when road condition is worse than perfect.

I had ERR message coming up on half of CDs, however I found the cause. Changer's CD drive, when starting to spin the CD, just slipped . It wouldn't allow CD to spin fast enough.

I just put some paint drops on CD drive shaft, it solved the problem. CD changer reads all of my discs but works very poorly at bumpy roads.

Hi,

I need one too.

My 92' Nak 12-cd changer doesn't work well when road condition is worse than perfect.

I had ERR message coming up on half of CDs, however I found the cause. Changer's CD drive, when starting to spin the CD, just slipped . It wouldn't allow CD to spin fast enough.

I just put some paint drops on CD drive shaft, it solved the problem. CD changer reads all of my discs but works very poorly at bumpy roads.

PM me or leave your email.