Drive Train

hikesedona

We purchased an RX330 back in early June. Almost immediately we noticed a drive train howl expecially around 60 mph. This noise has gotten progressively worse. We received the notice re: the exhaust system revision so we decided we would have the noise checked when this service advisory was performed. The dealership performed the advisory and indicated that Lexus is aware of the noise however has not issued a modification at this point. Well in any event the howl continues to get worse. Has anyone else experience this noise? Our vehicle is a 2WD. All in all the car is great however unless this noise problem is addressed and corrected by Lexus there is no way I would recommend this vehicle.

Have an RX 330 with only 750 miles. Very unhappy with the transmission. So far it dosen't have the noise you describe but the shifting between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd is terrible. During normal acceleration the shift between these gears feels like its slipping. Like shifting a manual and giving it too much gas and sliding the clutch out. The RPMs rise and it slides into the next gear. Dealer says this is normal "what do you want, a banging shift". Its embarrasing, when we have people in the car you can see them moving forward and back as it shifts. Particularly bad when going around a corner from a stop.

Everything else is great, but we could not recommend this vehicle to anyone because of this problem.

I have 2000 miles on my RX-330 and it shifts very smooth. Make the service manager go with you for a ride in your vehicle and then test drive a new one off the lot with him. Let him know that you're not happy with the way it shifts and tell him to correct the problem. Good luck