100,000 Mile Maintenance

Taking my new toy into the dealership for 100,000 mile service (bought sc4 w/107,000 and all services performed by Lindsay Lexus in VA but not the 100K - Damn!!!).

The Service tech said they will check her out and call in case the bill would be high like 2 grand. I have had 100K services on other cars and I was expecting $2K or so.

What does the 100K service include and how much typically for a dealr to do it?

Well, you probably need the timing belt changed along with coolant and water pump and drive belts for one. All that cost me 1025 (I had a 20 dollar coupon) dollars from the toyota dealership here in town. Other than that, they probably quoted you for spark plugs, distributors, and plug wires. I did all of that myself and it cost me 150 for the wires at NAPA, 50 for the plugs (at NAPA), and 80 for the distributor caps and rotors. Labor: free as I did it myself. They may also be quoting for transmission fluid change which at the toyota dealer ship it costs 125 dollars (they change the filter too). Prices can add up quickly. I still have to get the tranny fluid changed in mine, but I've done everything else at 205000 miles.

Well, you probably need the timing belt changed along with coolant and water pump and drive belts for one. All that cost me 1025 (I had a 20 dollar coupon) dollars from the toyota dealership here in town. Other than that, they probably quoted you for spark plugs, distributors, and plug wires. I did all of that myself and it cost me 150 for the wires at NAPA, 50 for the plugs (at NAPA), and 80 for the distributor caps and rotors. Labor: free as I did it myself. They may also be quoting for transmission fluid change which at the toyota dealer ship it costs 125 dollars (they change the filter too). Prices can add up quickly. I still have to get the tranny fluid changed in mine, but I've done everything else at 205000 miles.

Thanks again Micah. I will go ahead and throw in the new plugs/wires/distributor tonight and let them do the others. That is not too bad.

Hows it going down there? I traveled to NO shortly after Katrina to assess the structural damage with a group of architects. The governor got us into restricted areas that were just wiped out. Really makes you count your blessings.

Thanks again for the info - D