Tinted!

FINALLY! I was so nervous, but I'm glad I did my research... the shop I went to did an awesome job and I'm sooo happy. Check it out. I know it looks black (I think it's because of the tint), but this is on my onyx blue with cashmire IS 250. The tint just makes it look slippery wet when it's clean. 15% all around...

karl_lexus_is250_01.jpg

karl_lexus_is250_02.jpg

karl_lexus_is250_03.jpg

karl_lexus_is250_04.jpg

karl_lexus_is250_05.jpg

Hope this helps all of you that are thinking about a tint job!

By the look of the wet cement drive, garden hose, and view of the puddle free road, I see that it was recently washed too. :D

Looks great!

Come on, who wouldn't wash their car after a tint job :D

It does look great! Can you tell us details? What brand of tint was applied? I'm planning on getting mine done too, and I'm doing my research too...

Thanks! I love it more every day that passes :D I went with the Pinnacle series by Formula One...

http://www.formulaone.com/

The guy at the shop said it was the only thing he would recommend for cars with GPS antennas in the window. I heard a lot of good things about Llumar too, but the shop I went to did not install that kind.

im sorry, but im a NUB about this stuff and i have never had any of my cars tinted...well my car came tinted but it doesnt help much. We all say its a film...but is it actually a piece of film over the window...or what? im clueless :rolleyes:

im sorry, but im a NUB about this stuff and i have never had any of my cars tinted...well my car came tinted but it doesnt help much. We all say its a film...but is it actually a piece of film over the window...or what? im clueless :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's just film that they slap onto the window. Of course, there are different grades of film and different grades of professionals that install it. When I was shopping around I got price quotes anywhere from $180 to $420 depending on what they were using and who was doing it.

As I understand it, the good stuff won't fade over time. Also, if you have GPS they suggest you get non-metallic film. Otherwise, it could mess with your satellite reception (which is in the window on the IS). Some people said this kind of tint should actually cost less, but every pro I spoke with consistently said that cheap non-metallic stuff will fade within a couple of years.

FINALLY! I was so nervous, but I'm glad I did my research... the shop I went to did an awesome job and I'm sooo happy. Check it out. I know it looks black (I think it's because of the tint), but this is on my onyx blue with cashmire IS 250. The tint just makes it look slippery wet when it's clean. 15% all around...

karl_lexus_is250_03.jpg

Hope this helps all of you that are thinking about a tint job!

what a coincidence i bought my IS 350 blue onyx w/ cashmere at tustin lexus as well! im considering tinting the windows but am not completely sure if I will want to yet. so i see by the fact that you live in san diego that i am not the only one who got a good deal at tustin lexus.

what a coincidence i bought my IS 350 blue onyx w/ cashmere at tustin lexus as well! im considering tinting the windows but am not completely sure if I will want to yet. so i see by the fact that you live in san diego that i am not the only one who got a good deal at tustin lexus.

Yeah, Tustin was pretty good. They were the only dealership out of the 20 or so that I called that had the 250 color combo I wanted in stock (I couldn't wait 6 weeks because my other car had died). LOTS of cars. I got about 2,000 off MSRP between the extended warranty and a little bargaining. They also got me a better APR than my bank would give me.

HOWEVER... their service department SUCKS! You'll be waiting forever when you get there just to talk to someone. I had to drive from SD 2 times (it would have been 3 had I not flipped out on the guy) to get the Zylon interior/exterior applied.

thats disappointing i bought the tire package for mine (costed $1500 and i get free tires for life and free tires if i get any flats) and if im not mistaken i have to service the car at tustin all the time so i can still get my free tires. luckily for me tustin is about 20 minutes away. on the other hand i have an excellent dealer (mission viejo) about 10 minutes away where i bought and maintained my last lexus

thats disappointing i bought the tire package for mine (costed $1500 and i get free tires for life and free tires if i get any flats) and if im not mistaken i have to service the car at tustin all the time so i can still get my free tires. luckily for me tustin is about 20 minutes away. on the other hand i have an excellent dealer (mission viejo) about 10 minutes away where i bought and maintained my last lexus

:o $1500- for a lifetime of free tires? :o

That's an awesome deal.

Hopefully, they don't have to be totally bald before they are replaced.

• 3 years later...
no they dont have to be completely bald, the stock tires supposedly are $400-500 for four and become bald about every 15K miles.

I'm not sure if you have already done a tire replacement through this tire-package deal or not but i would double check with them how it actually works if its really lifetime free tires? read your contract i guess. I had a camry and got the same deal with toyota couple of years ago and they did wait till the tires are completely bald even though discountires and NTB said it's time to be replaced. anyways, the time came and my tires were completely bald and they finally decided to replace it for me. heres the catch, they were only going to pay for a certain amount of the tire cost and not only that, i had to pay for the taxes myself! it was pretty dissapointing :( i guess it was my fault for not reading the fine lines of the contract.

just an FYI, i hope your Lexus dealership is not the same as my experience.