At Work Stressing Car Overheated...

Hey guys I need your help. I drive a 94 160k miles never changed waterpump or replaced radiator and always maintain oil. Driving to work this morning car overheated. Pulled over plenty of coolant(of course its boiling and coming out of release valve) motor oil is fine so my guess is the waterpump. Before I have AAA take it to a/my mechanic any troubleshooting I can do to verify it is waterpump? Also any sense in buying a used waterpump. They seem to run about20-40 on car-part.com new is about 80? Whats your thoughts.....I rarely post but need your help.

No way to test a waterpump and it is located behind the timing belt which means it is pretty deep to get to .

A used water pump ?

My feelings is if you bought a Lexus for reliability then use OEM or upgraded parts if you want it to beat on and overheat then regular parts stores will work fine for replacements.

No way to test a waterpump and it is located behind the timing belt which means it is pretty deep to get to .

A used water pump ?

My feelings is if you bought a Lexus for reliability then use OEM or upgraded parts if you want it to beat on and overheat then regular parts stores will work fine for replacements.

Yeah I was thining used wsa not a good call...knowing my luck I assumed it was waterpump but now I have a feeling it just might be the thermostat because wouldnt my coolant had drained or evena huge puddle of water under mycar if it was the waterpump? Dropped it off at mechanic hes gonan take a look mostlikely will have him test and replace timing belt too if it is the waterpump the arizona heat beats up anything that is rubber and can expand...