Think Vibration Issue Has Been Found With Help Of Jzz30, Thanks!

Micah

With the direction of jzz30, I reluctantly crawled under my car and jacked up the rear of the transmission (placed the jack on the rubber grommet on drive shaft). I only jacked it up maybe 1/2 an inch. Started the car and no vibration now. I believe it is the rear motor mount as jzz30 suggested. The dealership didn't pick up on this for some reason. I still felt a hint of one at about 1200 rpm but not enough to matter. smooth as silk otherwise. Will call dealer to see how much it will be to replace. Thanks to everyone who has helped me with my knit-picking problems. May have seemed trivial, but I believe I am ocd and need everything perfect. I know, a lot to ask of a car with 205000, but nonetheless, that is just how I am. Thanks again!

One more thing. I am going on a trip to St. Louis in it and don't know if I should attempt a transmission fluid change in it before I go. I'd like the filter changed too, but am afraid of doing so before a long trip. If it goes, I'd rather it be while I'm here local to my own mechanics. Would it be bad to change all this before I go or should I wait until I get back?

Also, when I was driving one day, I heard a sproing sound that sounded like it came from the transmission. I also now notice that it shifts into third a bit hard (harder when accelerating harder and harder than the other gears engage). Should this be a concern as it doesn't really shift that badly. Just a little bit hard into third. I do know that the transmission has springs that engage clutches and regulate the hydraulics, but am very much a novice. Sorry for my ignorance. Could this be related to the bearing rattle when I am coasting with my foot just barely on the gas? Sounds like BBs rattleing in a jar kind of. Doesn't do it if I put a load on the transmission or if I totally let off the gas.

cool! glad i helped. as for the trans fluid change if it worries you, you should do it after you get back. the risk of the fluid change is not putting enough back in or too much was replaced. the only real harm that can be done is putting too little back in.

i dont know about your shifitng hard problems but you might want to look in to it.