How Good Is Mark Levinson Stereo

SeaDuck79

the 'mark levinson' system is good as it is well integrated into the car, and has modes for driver front, all speakers and many more adjustments to tailor the sound to your tastes. it is well balanced with good bass. for people who are used to a large subwoofer i have read posts where they miss the visceral vibrating bass that a larger subwoofer will put out. i think it depends on the type of music you listen to partially. also keep in mind this system is made by Harmon industries who owns the 'mark levinson' name. it has a pioneer head unit and an amplifier provided by harmon. i dont know if it was mark levinson in design or where his actual input was. If you are a true audiophile you may only be satisfied with the system you put together, based of course on how much you are willing to spend.

the 'mark levinson' system is good as it is well integrated into the car, and has modes for driver front, all speakers and many more adjustments to tailor the sound to your tastes. it is well balanced with good bass. for people who are used to a large subwoofer i have read posts where they miss the visceral vibrating bass that a larger subwoofer will put out. i think it depends on the type of music you listen to partially. also keep in mind this system is made by Harmon industries who owns the 'mark levinson' name. it has a pioneer head unit and an amplifier provided by harmon. i dont know if it was mark levinson in design or where his actual input was. If you are a true audiophile you may only be satisfied with the system you put together, based of course on how much you are willing to spend.

Thanks for the info. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 representing more money than people should spend on a car stereo and 1 being an AM radio with 1 speaker, how would you rate the stock and Levinson systems? I listen to mostly country & rock, and I don't need a "vibrate-the-whole-frigging-street" subwoofer. I put the stock system at about a 6.5 myself.

Are the differences between the two mostly in the sound produced, or is there additional flexibility in the EQ, etc.?