Windshield

I have a 95 ES300 that had a water leak into the cabin. It got hot inside and steamed a film of plastic on the inside of the windshield. Is this supposed to be there?

I never heard of a film being on the inside of the stock windshield, unless you're talking about tinting film which is an aftermarket process. Possibly this moisture is making that plastic film release.

the film might possibly be what holds the windshield together in the event of a crash. windshields are shatter resistant, and in the event of a crash they get cracked but they stay in one solid piece to prevent shattered glass from going everywhere

the film might possibly be what holds the windshield together in the event of a crash. windshields are shatter resistant, and in the event of a crash they get cracked but they stay in one solid piece to prevent shattered glass from going everywhere

I don't think OEM glass should fog up like that though. Maybe he has aftermarket tint film as posted? Either that or the glass is not OEM, but cheap replacement? My car has been driven 10 years by my dad before it was passed on to me, and not once has that occured.

The windshield film you're talking about is sandwiched between the inner and outer layer of glass and is bonded together.

From what rmiley6 said, this film is on the inside of the windshield.

The windshield film you're talking about is sandwiched between the inner and outer layer of glass and is bonded together.

From what rmiley6 said, this film is on the inside of the windshield.

I think this film is aftermarket window tint with no tint, just clear film. Don't have a clue as to why it is there. As said before the shatterproofing is sandwiched between the glass. Will take it to a tinting shop today to get that stuff off.