Front Struts.....

Hi Group,

I have a 94 ES300. Last year I replaced my rear struts which were totally shot with Gabriel aftermarkets. I have read on here lately that KYB is the way to go. Now I think my front struts should be replaced as well as the mounts and whatever else is up there. Should I replace my fronts with Gabriels so I have the same brand all around, or is it OK to go with KYB's in the front? Will it really make a difference?

At least I think I need new struts - the rear doesn't bounce around on the highway anymore now that I replaced those. The front seems OK when i do the old-fashioned 'bounce test' and I don't see any oil on the pistons, but man this car handles like crap lately, especially when turning or on a cloverleaf. There is also a thunking sound coming from the front end on the driver's side and everything I can see with the wheels off looks OK (bushings, control arms, etc). So I suppose the mounts are bad? No point in tearing everything apart without replacing the struts anyway.

Where can I find the mounts and stuff without going to the dealer? I tried ebay but there are none for sale right now. Lexus wants a LOT for these parts!!

Thanks for the help -

Andy