What Does This Code Mean? Please Help

I have a 2000 ES 300 with 68,000 miles and never any problems. The check engine light as well as the Trac Off light both came on. I got the code which is P0768 shift solenoid D circuit electronic.

What is this problem? Is it readily repairable? Where is this solenoid located and can I fix it myself? Thanks for your attention.

That is the overdrive solenoid. It could be plugged with debris or the tranny is falling apart. You dont have to remove the valve body to replace it. I have attached a picture of the valve body and S4 solenoid that you need to check out. Cant add an attachment. Email me and I can send you the pic.

That is the overdrive solenoid. It could be plugged with debris or the tranny is falling apart. You dont have to remove the valve body to replace it. I have attached a picture of the valve body and S4 solenoid that you need to check out. Cant add an attachment. Email me and I can send you the pic.

Thanks mehullica. E-mail me at: southlex@your-mail.com

I appreciate the help and hope that your pic helps me. By the way, when I moved my car a while ago, no warning lights were being displayed

I have a 2000 ES 300 with 68,000 miles and never any problems. The check engine light as well as the Trac Off light both came on. I got the code which is P0768 shift solenoid D circuit electronic.

What is this problem? Is it readily repairable? Where is this solenoid located and can I fix it myself? Thanks for your attention.

bring this one to the dealership. It should be covered under the 7 year/70,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Even if you don't have the warning lights on, they should be able to pull the code out of the ECU memory. You want this logged so that after the 70.000 miles, if it happens again, you may be covered because you documented first appearence before 70k.