Touch Up Paint?

I have some scratches on the lower section (I have a 1994 two-tone es300) of my car, where it is dark grey. Lexus-parts.com sells touch up paint and im wondering if i could do this myself or i should take it to someone to get it done? Is the paint in a spray bottle or is it just a paint can? Thanks

The touch up paint is in a small 6 fl. oz. bottle w/ a brush top cover. This touch up is ideal for small to medium sized paint chips (you can use a toothpick to touch up even smaller chips). If there are scratches of a certain length, the results from the Lexus touch-up will not be pleasant to look at.

It depends on what you're looking for. Anyone can use a brush to do it (Please get rid of any rust first), but it's going to stick out from the rest of the paint - the color will match, but it won't be even.

Like lexusk8 said. Stick to using a toothpick.

Autopia owns.

http://autopia.org/

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=27

Lexus/Toyota/Scion paint is abot the same as about everyone else. It comes in a little bottle & has a brush you SHOULD NOT use b/c it's too big & puts down 2 much paint.

Don't fear it, just take your time. At worst - all you're doing is keeping the plastic bodypanel from wearing. At best, you're paying what? $5-10 bucks instead of paying for new paint. ;)

How good of a painter you are on a car is *always* directly proportional to the amount & quality of the prep work you do. Doesn't matter if it's the tinyest scratch, or repainting an entire body panel.

The touch up paint is in a small 6 fl. oz. bottle w/ a brush top cover.

Actually, the amount of Lexus touch-up paint is only 14ml. :)

You're right Al. I was at work when I posted up. Guestimated the size but I guess I'm way off :wacko:

The touch up paint is in a small 6 fl. oz. bottle w/ a brush top cover.

Actually, the amount of Lexus touch-up paint is only 14ml. :)

You're right Al. I was at work when I posted up. Guestimated the size but I guess I'm way off :wacko:

Now to get more technical. If Lexus charges about $10 for 14ml of paint, then figure out how much they'll charge for 6 ounces. The conversion rate is, 14 milliliter = 0.473396316 US fluid ounce. Woweee!!!! LOL

The good news. Toyota dealers sell their bottles really cheap & it's the same paint.

The bad news. They have no idea what the two color silvers are on the two-tone cars. They can neither look it up nor order it!