Outside Temp Sensor Broken

The outside temp sensor seems to be broken on my 96 es. It just shows -22 degrees. Does anyone know where the sensor is located it and how much it runs for? I can probably pick it up from a junk yard or from the dealer if I have to.

Thanks

Mayur

The outside temp sensor seems to be broken on my 96 es. It just shows -22 degrees. Does anyone know where the sensor is located it and how much it runs for? I can probably pick it up from a junk yard or from the dealer if I have to.

Thanks

Mayur

Generally it's mounted behind/on the front bumper in front of the A/C condensor.

-22F indicates a complete open which is more likely a broken connection or wiring.

Thanks

Mayur

Generally it's mounted behind/on the front bumper in front of the A/C condensor.

-22F indicates a complete open which is more likely a broken connection or wiring.

Just went to go and check it out. I think I found it because I unplugged it from the harness and saw that the two pins inside were rusted. One was still intact in the sensor and the other one was broken and stuck inside the harness. I tried to ghetto wire it and cut off the harness and plug it in straight but it didn't work. Is sensor bad or is there something else wrong?