Pre Collsion And Dynamic Radar On Es350

amf1932

Has anybody seen or got this option(Pre Collsion and Dynamic Radar)yet? I'm curious because that was the only thing lacking on my ES350 UL equipped car. My dealer, in the New York City area told me that this option is a special order, and they haven't received delivery on any cars with it, as of yet.

Alan

• 4 months later...

• 5 months later...

Has anybody seen or got this option(Pre Collsion and Dynamic Radar)yet? I'm curious because that was the only thing lacking on my ES350 UL equipped car. My dealer, in the New York City area told me that this option is a special order, and they haven't received delivery on any cars with it, as of yet.

Alan

I special ordered my ES350 just for this option. It took 4 months to get the car. However, the option is spectacular. I was concerned that I would get a lot of false alarms (from cars nearby in other lanes) but I haven't had one. It tracks only the car in front of you even on highway curves with cars in adjacent lanes. The cruise control can be set for normal operation (just set the speed as with any crusie control) or by radar. In the radar mode you set the speed (as in normal mode) and one of three distances (far, medium or near). I'm a perfectionist. While I have complaints about other Lexus issues (Nav lockout, very poor audio system, poor interior lighting) the radar cruise control is a highlight for people who use cruise control a lot.

Peter

:P

• 2 months later...

It's great!

My special order took five months due to dealer screwup.

The dynamic radar is wonderful. I commute 35 miles each way, mostly on the freeway. The cruise control really works well, although you have to remain vigilant in case someone crazy cuts in front of you and you need to hit the brakes quickly.

The only weirdness was when we were driving on a city street with a 25 mile speed limit. Lots of radar cops on patrol. The cruise control only kicks in when you get to 28 mph, not slower. So there I was, driving carefully, and suddenly there is a loud beep and the message center goes nuts.

It turns out the radar got confused by one of those warning signs posted in the middle of the street, that warns drivers that pedestrians have the right of way. The car thought it was about to crash into a big inanimate object that wasn't moving.

Other than that, I love it. It was a worthwhile investment.

That's the only thing I am missing as well. Can this be added after the fact? Because this is something I would have liked, I got real jealous when I read my manual about this part and then ran to my car and the little switch in the steering wheel was not there!!! Darnit!!

That's the only thing I am missing as well. Can this be added after the fact? Because this is something I would have liked, I got real jealous when I read my manual about this part and then ran to my car and the little switch in the steering wheel was not there!!! Darnit!!

No Lexus dealer would do this type job because it would be super involved.