Door Lock

SAMUSA

My 91 LS 400 passenger door will lock using the remote and the electric door switch on the door but will not unlock electrically. It will only unlock when I physically push the manual button. A new electric door lock for the passenger door cost over $ 250.00 and I was hoping maybe someone that has had this problem could tell me if it could be something loose within the mechanics of the electical solenoid that opens the lock. :(

I have the same problem with my 92. I've also had this problem with a Toyota MR-2 I had in the past. My mechanic informs me that it isn't an electrical problem (at least on mine), and that it is the mechanism inside the door itself that physically unlocks the door. It wears out, and the electric charge isn't quite enough to make it unlock.

He tried to bend it back into place, which made it halfway unlock, but not all the way. He told me that it was too worn out, and that to replace it would be about $400.

Hope this helps.