Morning Start-up

1lola1

One other thing. On initial start-up, my '03 races, rumbles and shakes like an 18-wheeler. The guys at the dealership said they just became aware of it with some other cars, but they have no solution for it. I'm concerned. :wacko:

I can't believe they told you that! There MUST be a reason for this behavior. :angry: Didn't they try using any diagnostic equipment? <!--emo&:wacko:-->wacko.gif<!--endemo-->

They didn't do any diagnostic for the morning start-up. They just sent me on my way. I mean after all, it took three or four visits to the service dept. for them to fix the moonroof (at least I think it's fixed).

Man, I would complain to the Lexus Corporation about their shoddy service practices! As a Lexus owner you should expect better service than what you've been getting. Remember the old adage, "The squeaky wheel gets the oil".

i would complain until they check it out!talk to the service manager and see what he says also.what exactly does it sound like when you start it.is it knocking or is there screaching and shaking?

i would complain until they check it out!talk to the service manager and see what he says also.what exactly does it sound like when you start it.is it knocking or is there screaching and shaking?

I know the people at the dealership for at least 8 years now. That's one of the reasons I bought another Lexus. They told me they would always be there in case of problems. Believe me, I'm no shrinking violet. I normally do not leave without an answer, but the service manager told me Lexus just became aware of they problem, and has not informed them of how to fix it. On start-up, it races, shakes and rumbles something terrible. It's hard to believe. Certainly not what I expected with an ES. Of course, I didn't expect the moonroof and windshield problems, either. :(

Few questions for the ES owners who have owned different generations.

1. Are there some ES's that just are perfect and some that are problem cars?

2. Did previous generations ES's used to have this much trouble when they were new?

I'm curious, because it's starting to appear that Lexus quality is slipping. <_<