Bragging On A/c

boogieman

Well, it's 100+ degree temps here in Texas. I noted yesterday that I can turn the A/C fan to low, and yet remain very cool and comfortable in the heat. Never had a car (over 200 to date) that could accomplish that. Needless to say, once again, I'm thrilled with my LS 400. What a car!

Well, it's 100+ degree temps here in Texas. I noted yesterday that I can turn the A/C fan to low, and yet remain very cool and comfortable in the heat. Never had a car (over 200 to date) that could accomplish that. Needless to say, once again, I'm thrilled with my LS 400. What a car!

yeah man....it's like they stole the compressor out of a Sub-Zero refrigerator. But just wait until it starts to go out....sounds like you're driving a DC-10

Last July I visited my sister in Lancaster, CA, which is near Mojave, and the outside temp guage on my '94 was showing 120 deg as I pulled up to her house. I had the A/C set to 72 deg auto, and the fan was running at medium speed to maintain that temp. That's one helluva Delta-C for the A/C system to maintain, and it wasn't even working that hard! BTW getting out of the car felt like getting smacked in the head with a shovel. :cries:

200 cars? Are you serious? Maybe none of them was a Toyota because Toyotas have very good A/C's. One good thing about these cars is that the A/C seems to cool even if the engine is at idle speed. Also, you can sit in your parked car with the A/C on for hours and the engine temperature won't go up.