Key Is Stuck

Was replacing my Nak stereo with a replacement one I bought off Ebay and now have my key stuck in the ignition. During stereo replacement, I had to turn the key on to get the shifter back so I could remove the center console and eventually swap out the stereo. Apparently, somethings gone wrong. Was wondering if this is a security device thats been engaged cause when I pull a battery cable off and while its off I could turn the key to off but once I put back the cable and eventually start the car again, the key gets stuck.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

lol, you know what, a similar situation happened to me on my old RX300. Apparently, the key i had been using for 3 years got used so much it actually turned raw, and it had a different inscription on it. when i put the key in and turned the ignition, it locked the key because it thought i was stealing the car; so i know what your car has done is a secruity thing. I had to get my car towed back to lexus which they had to replace the whole key place unit and give me a new set of keys.

im sorry to say that you will need to change it

Check to see if anything was unpluged down around the shifter. There is a shift lock control switch that workes with the shift lock ECU. The shift lock ECU controls the Key interlock solenoid on the ignition switch.

The shift lock control switch will be a 3 wire conector, Green, Green/White and Green/Red. The interlock solenoid is a 2 wire conector, Blue and White/Black. The shift lock solenoid is down there by the shifter to and it is a 2 wire conector, Light blue and Light blue/Red. Hope this helps