Curb Rash Repair

Just wanted to know if it's possible to repair light curb rash??? I am thinking about buying a set of OEM lexus wheels that have road rash on two of the rims....

Are they chrome, alloy or painted rims. If metal is missing, then a complete repair is probably out of the question.

However, I have had to do the following to one of my chrome rims and one of my alloys:

The rough edges can be lightly sanded and hopefully made to blend in a little, then a layer of clear coat can be put on to prevent further rusting or discoloration.

steviej

• 3 months later...

I know it is possible with some dealerships..

For example my brother has a 1998 porsche 911 Carrera C2S the only flaw on the car was some curb rash on the rear pass wheel..He sent it to a local dealership Ramsey pontiac/porsche, and they sent the rim into a repair shop.. They alum welded and sanded down, and repainted the rim.. For $200.00...

Not too bad, it looks absolutely perfect.. You woudln't even know it.. but again, this car has painted rims from the factory that match the color of the car, so I don't know for aluminum non painted.... Check w/dealer/ or a local wheel repair place if you can find..