2004 Lx 470 Dvd-r/+r Compatibility

DimaDC

Hello,

Cant get my OEM dvd player in the center console to play DVD-r/+r disks. Any ideas on how to overcome this issue? Thanks!

mine plays both +r and -r just fine.

what you have to remember is that in order to get the most compatibility out of these mixed formats, you MUST use the best media.

Go to your local computer store and pickup a box of their best +r or -r media (the brand name, the more expensive ones). I use TDK and Sony.

and upgrade your computer's DVD burner's firmware to the latest version. (this would make a huge difference on the disc reliability).

with that, you should not have problem with the useability. I still have some issues in different combinations sometimes. Like my TDK DVD+r media would not work in my Panasonic player for some reason. but -r media works just fine. and stuff like that.

i absolutely have no trouble with either +r or -r on my Lex.

D.J.

what you have to remember is that in order to get the most compatibility out of these mixed formats, you MUST use the best media.

Go you your local computer store and pickup a box of their best +r or -r media (the brand name, the more expensive ones). I use TDK and Sony.

and upgrade your computer's DVD burner's firmware to the latest version. (this would make a hugh difference on the disc reliability).

with that, you should not have problem with the useability. I still have some issues in different combinations sometimes. Like my TDK DVD+r media would not work in my Panasonic player for some reason. but -r media works just fine. and stuff like that.

D.J.

Thanks for your reply. What year is your vehicle? Do you play those disks on DVD changer located in the center console and you can see a movie on the NAV screen?

Go you your local computer store and pickup a box of their best +r or -r media (the brand name, the more expensive ones). I use TDK and Sony.

and upgrade your computer's DVD burner's firmware to the latest version. (this would make a hugh difference on the disc reliability).

D.J.

Thanks for your reply. What year is your vehicle? Do you play those disks on DVD changer located in the center console and you can see a movie on the NAV screen?

i have '02 LX470. my dad has '06 LX470. the burnt copies of DVD-r and +r plays just fine on the factory changer in the center console. the movie plays just fine via the nav screen. on my car, i also did the by-pass so i can watch the movie while moving. as well as i tapped into the wire to have a secondary monitor, displaying the same picture in the back seat.

I have a 2003 LX-470 and I would like to tap into the video line too. Do you know which is the video wire to tap into? I did the DVD bypass already. Another post mentioned the following about the video wire: "In this case it's a red wire with gray spots on it. It is in the second connector from the right on the top of the unit."

I have 4 connectors at the top (back of the nav unit). So is this second connector when facing the back of the nav unit or the front? Obviously, I could not easily find any red wire with grey spots. It would also be helpful to know if the red wire has a line on it or not.

Help anyone?

Thanks,

Bob

I have a 2003 LX-470 and I would like to tap into the video line too. Do you know which is the video wire to tap into? I did the DVD bypass already. Another post mentioned the following about the video wire: "In this case it's a red wire with gray spots on it. It is in the second connector from the right on the top of the unit."

I have 4 connectors at the top (back of the nav unit). So is this second connector when facing the back of the nav unit or the front? Obviously, I could not easily find any red wire with grey spots. It would also be helpful to know if the red wire has a line on it or not.

Help anyone?

Thanks,

Bob

you know it was not the second connector from the right.

i believe it was on the far left corner connector (if you are looking at the unit from the back).

however, here's the lifesaver. of all the wires on all of the top connectors, there is only ONE red wire with gray spots on. that's how i found it.

the other red wire with kinda gray line was the line that you cut for the DVD bypass already. that one should be cut and taped up already. this video wire is the ONLY one left.