my buddy has a 99 gs300, recently his brake light stays on & the buzzer keeps buzzing also his abs & his vsc lights stays on....his brakes are very hard to press & he almost has no brakes at all when pressed........can anyone help resovle???????

Sounds expensive. I'm going to guess there trouble in the hydraulic pressure pump system. Your best bet is to get this to a Lexus dealer. You need to look into the computer to see the codes first. The braking system has some Lexus proprietary codes that may or may not be accessible with a generic OBDII scantool. It would be best to let the Lexus boys diagnose this.

You should check that there is the correct level of brake fluid in the reservoir. When you turn the car to the on position without actually starting it, you should hear the pump running for 20-30 seconds. If it runs longer than this or does not run at all, I'm on the right track. The pump is located to the left of the master cylinder when looking at the firewall from under the hood.

About ten years ago I was in Nassau. I don't seem to remember seeing any car dealers. Being in the business here, I do happen to know one of the few dealers that buys cars here and sells cars there.

If there is any local shop with any kind of OBDII computer that can access ABS codes, you might get some info out of the GS. Post any codes you can get and we'll take it from there.

No matter how you look at this, the problem has a very high probibility of getting expensive. I have to wonder how much it would cost to ship the car back to to the mainland to have it serviced if the need would arise?

Even though Nassau Motor Co. Ltd. is not a Lexus dealer, they may be of assistance in your search for some knowledgable help.

It seems as though you might be able to get the codes out without any scantool. See the attachments below. The SST (Special Service Tool) mentioned to short the two pins of the diagnostic connector amounts to a piece of wire!

DLC1 is under the hood on the driver's side, in a black box.

Reading Brake System Codes

Code Descriptions

Clearing Codes

• 2 weeks later...

hey GuyTelefunken we finally got together & tried to find the codes without the scan tool "BUT" i am lost can you tell me what dtc means, how do you read the codes? do you look at a light on the dash?...........help me please this is really beating me........wish you where over here......we can use real mechanics like you over here

DTC is Diagnostic Trouble Code. Yes, you look at the blink pattern of the ABS light on the dash.

The DLC1 (Diagnostic Link Connector) is under the hood on the driver's side.

DLC1 Location

Basically, remove the shorting pin inside the DLC1 connector box, connect the two terminals, turn the ignition to "on" not start, and write down the codes blinked out by the ABS light. After all the codes have been displayed, they will repeat.

hey guy, i finally got the code it pointed to the solinod, i'm not sure if thats what i was hitting but i hit the motor underneath the master cylinder. i think thats the same motor what you told me to listen for a few weeks ago. after i hit it a few times with my rachet it worked, the brakes & dash lights (ABS,VSC,BRAKE) are now back to normal thanks alot GuyTelefunken you are the best

The motor is the pump on the hydraulic brake booster assembly. If it goes, the whole assembly needs to be replaced. It's about $1,300.00 for the part and a few hours labor. After which, the brakes will need to be bled. Since the entire assembly will be empty, Lexus requires using their computer to open the internal valves in the assembly to be able to bleed it. Since you do not have access to a computer, this would be a problem.

Your friend may want to think about trading that baby in before it brakes permanently.