my trunk opens from the remote but not the switch inside, my trunk lock is not activated, i have tried it with the lock in & out but it still wont work, can anyone help me please???? it is fustrating to keep turning my car off in order to use the remote to open the trunk

The circuit is fairly simple. Remove the switch assembly and test the switch. The switch is normally open, closed when you pull it. When the keyswitch is in the unlocked position and the opener switch is pulled, the light-green/black wire is grounded and that signal is sent to the body ECU. If the light-green/black wire is not going to ground when you pull the release switch, the problem is either the keyswitch or the opener switch. Make sure all the wires are plugged in properly. The entire switch assembly is ordered as one part.

The rear of the switch may be accessed by removing the cover under the dash. If the lower trim under the steering wheel needs to be removed to remove the switch, the trim surrounding the key pulls off first. There are bolts in the lower trim on each side and under the bottom edge of the dash.

when i took it down i found that the plug for the lock was not push all the way in, i just plug it in properly & it was alright......i dont know how it got loose but its working fine now....again thanks for the info, because i never would have known how to take it down without your help