Keyless Entry Problems

I just fixed my door today. (It would not open from the outside.)

It required me removing the interior trim. I was very cautious while doing this.

Now, when I hit my lock button on my key, the doors lock - unlock - and then lock again finally making the beep noise. It will not however unlock using the key button. I can lock it fine from the inside and use the key to manually unlock it on passenger side. Is there something I should go back into my door and look for?

If so what is it?

Thanx

kbrown

96 es300

It required me removing the interior trim. I was very cautious while doing this.

Now, when I hit my lock button on my key, the doors lock - unlock - and then lock again finally making the beep noise. It will not however unlock using the key button. I can lock it fine from the inside and use the key to manually unlock it on passenger side. Is there something I should go back into my door and look for?

If so what is it?

Thanx

kbrown

96 es300

Your key needs a new battery, get it from radio shack for about 3 dollars

If so what is it?

Thanx

kbrown

96 es300

Like the above poster said its probably just a bad battery. By the way was it difficult removing the panel to repair the door? My front passanger door has the same problem, my mechanic fixed it, but it broke again in the same day because he didn't replace the part just "fixed" it.

If so what is it?

Thanx

kbrown

96 es300

Like the above poster said its probably just a bad battery. By the way was it difficult removing the panel to repair the door? My front passanger door has the same problem, my mechanic fixed it, but it broke again in the same day because he didn't replace the part just "fixed" it.

Not at all. Search the forum keywords "broken door" I know there r at least 2 very detailed tutorials on how to do it yourself. I bought the replacement clips from advance auto parts. They're called door lock rod clips.