Question On Old Stock Rims

my dads 97 odyssey has 138k miles on it. its got stock rims(actually caps cuz its only an lx version) but since of the high mileage, do the rims deteriorate in a way that they blow out the tires? we had an issue before that in this set of 4 tires, only one particular tire(same rim) blew out 2 tires. both didnt hav nails or punctures in them. today a different tire( dif rim) blew out but same location (right front). suggestions? I highly doubt it's a coincidence <_<

So it has steel wheels and hubcaps?

Steel wheels can become bent and they can warp. The good news is they can be fixed. I doubt the wheels have anything to do with your blowouts. Were they blowouts at speed or did they just go flat?

So it has steel wheels and hubcaps?

Steel wheels can become bent and they can warp. The good news is they can be fixed. I doubt the wheels have anything to do with your blowouts. Were they blowouts at speed or did they just go flat?

they actually all went flat. none of them popped. i wud have thought it was a bad steel due 2 age and use but what a coincidence that they all happened on the front right?? <_<

Its probably that the steel along the rim became warped or bent. I'd replace all the steel wheels.

thats what i figured too. thanx for backing me up on that decision. my dads thinkin of getting the alloy wheels that came with the EX version. only thing i hope we can still find good ones. i highly doubt that honda still has new rims for a 97 odyssey. <_<

They should...

Here you go:

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/cgi-b...ile=wheel.setup

They basically have EVERY OEM wheel.

hmm strange, if u didn't give me that link, i didn't know where to find it. lol :whistles: wow. i can't believe rims for this car is sooo expensive. i'd thought they'd run around $50-$70 :(