Front Brakes

WJA

I had some email correspondence with Kexus corporate customer service regading the several posting about "popping soiund comeing from the front of the vehicle." I am a bit disappointe in their response 'casue as recognized form this forum, there are several folks that have expereinced the same issue. Following is the response from Lexus Customer Service:

From: Lexus Customer Satisfaction [mailto:Customer_Satisfaction_Inquiries@lexus.com]

Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006

Subject: Popping in front wheels when braking

Discussion Thread

Response (VWendelstadt) 05/08/2006 11:44 AM

Dear Mr. Kroening:

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. We are dedicated to providing superior service.

Intermittent conditions are very difficult for the technicians to diagnose. We recommend that you discuss the back plate brake lining with a dealer and contact us again after you have had your vehicle diagnosed by a Lexus dealer. We would be very happy to review the issue and determine what assistance we could provide to you at that time. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and have documented your concern at our national headquarters for Lexus management review.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Vaughn Wendelstadt

Lexus Customer Satisfaction

Customer (Vincent Kroening) 05/08/2006 09:55 AM

Vaughn,

Again thank you for your attention to his situation. As noted by my experience and that of many more who posted a similar experience on the Lexus discussion board, the popping noise isn’t always apparent and happens unexpectedly. I wish the intensity of the sound were more pronounced so it could be heard each and every time but unfortunately not. As diagnosed by many a mechanic, everything in the breaking system looks fine and it does perform well – the only problem is the noise and slightly

delayed compression and, causing the popping sound.

By the sounds of your response, it looks like I am on my own as were the many others with similar issues. That too is unfortunate but if you remember from the discussion board, it sounds like someone figured out the problem – faulty back plate lining on the brake pads. Maybe look into that for future customers.

Regards,

Vince Kroening

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Lexus Customer Satisfaction [mailto:Customer_Satisfaction_Inquiries@lexus.com]

Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 10:20 AM

To: vkroening@comcast.net

Subject: Popping in front wheels when braking [incident: 060504-000034]

Discussion Thread

Response (VWendelstadt) 05/08/2006 08:19 AM

Dear Mr. Kroening:

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. We are dedicated to providing superior service.

You may wish to test drive your LS 430 with the technician. You can then point out the noise and once the condition has been duplicated, the dealer is better able to diagnose the cause of the noise and propose a repair to eliminate the noise. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Vaughn Wendelstadt

Customer (Vincent Kroening) 05/06/2006 05:40 AM

Vaughn,

Thanks for the note and your suggestion to have the dealer look at this. The previous and original owner of this vehicle (personal friend) did and frequently had this vehicle serviced by Highland Park Lexus of Illinois. [He] was told there was nothing the matter. I think maybe the service records are unclear or undocumented.

But, last week I was communicating on a Lexus blog and coincidently 3 other folks have experienced similar conditions. And several folks had their cars checked out by service centers and nothing was discovered. I have attached the related postings (they are brief) but I am surprised Lexus has not responded to this earlier.

Please take a moment to read this document and I would be very interested in your feedback.

Thank you.

Regards,

Vince Kroening

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 5:43 PM

To: vkroening@comcast.net

Subject: Popping in front wheels when braking [incident: 060504-000034]

Discussion Thread

Response (VWendelstadt) 05/05/2006 03:43 PM

Dear Mr. Kroening:

Thank you for contacting the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department regarding the concern you are experiencing in your 2002 LS 430. I apologize for the noise you hear in your vehicle. Our national service records do not indicate that you have brought this concern to the attention of a Lexus dealership. Please contact the service department at an authorized Lexus dealer to have your concerns diagnosed. I am sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused you.

Sincerely,

Vaughn Wendelstadt