Electrical Problem With My Gs300

Okay somethign strange seems to be happening to my GS. I started noticing that when driving at night with my lights on, when I hit the brakes my lights would dim. Now my center console works only sometimes. Like I will get in, start the car and the clock, heat and AC controls, and the radio would not have any power......A couple days later the center console will be working fine. Does this sound like my altenator is bad? Bad ground???

My previous car did the same thing at about 110,000 miles and it WAS the alternator. As it was raining, I thought it may be a short or an otherwise bad connection. It got worst as the battery drained, it lost shifting, head lights, and finally stalled as I turned into the parking lot at work :) When it was fixed, I was glad that was all it was.

well I replaced my altenator about 3 years ago, not for the same problem....but this may be out school but if the altenator is the problem, shouldn't the dash come on if I turn the ignition to on, but not start the car???????? since the battery is powering the car before I turn it on?