Replacing The Stereo/cd In A Lx 470 (1998)

webby

New Member and not entirely sure how forums work, but..

I have a 1998 LX 470 (original owner with 272,000 miles!) I'm passing it on to my son. The Nakamichi has eaten all my CD's long ago and has got to go. Does anybody have experience with new decks and modifying the face plate? Is there a system with a nav component the will fit in the space, maybe from a newer LX 470?...Any thoughts will be appreciated! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Member and not entirely sure how forums work, but..

I have a 1998 LX 470 (original owner with 272,000 miles!) I'm passing it on to my son. The Nakamichi has eaten all my CD's long ago and has got to go. Does anybody have experience with new decks and modifying the face plate? Is there a system with a nav component the will fit in the space, maybe from a newer LX 470?...Any thoughts will be appreciated! Thanks

I also live in Mpls. I have a 2000 and took my vehicle to Mach 1 and they installed an Eclipse AV Nav unit. Others were telling me it couldn't be done. But it's been almost a year with no problems. Hope this helps

I have fitted a JVC Double din unit with a rear screen, I hooked it up to the factory amp and speakers and it sounds great. Everything works including the factory subwoofer.

I made a faceplate around the deck using matt black sheet of perspex (plastic). No damage was done to the original faceplate or plugs ,so I can fit the original deck back in to it in about 10 minutes.

I have tried to attach a couple of photos but they did not come through, I am happy to email them on request.

Hope this helps.

Leon.