Climate Control System Sometimes Blank After Start Up

The climate control display/system on my '94 SC4 is completely blank sometimes after startup thus I have no AC, vent fan, etc. Nothing changes no matter what buttons I push. After driving it will sometimes just turn on. I have no problems for a couple weeks, then it will do it again. The only other odd thing is the clock is dimmed (not blank) when the situation happens. When the system magically turns on, the clock returns to its normal brightness. Lexus can't do anything until it occurs but by the time I get to the dealer, the system has returned to normal. Any ideas?

The climate control display/system on my '94 SC4 is completely blank sometimes after startup thus I have no AC, vent fan, etc. Nothing changes no matter what buttons I push. After driving it will sometimes just turn on. I have no problems for a couple weeks, then it will do it again. The only other odd thing is the clock is dimmed (not blank) when the situation happens. When the system magically turns on, the clock returns to its normal brightness. Lexus can't do anything until it occurs but by the time I get to the dealer, the system has returned to normal. Any ideas?

After a few hours of playing around with relays and fuses, I tracked it down to a cracked fuse socket. If you pull out the Cig fuse, it replicates the issue. Odd that the clock goes to dim w/o the fuse, but whatever. Anyway, it appeared when the dealer installed a radar detector when new, the pro cracked the socket for this fuse thus it could shift enough to cause a loss of connection and thus the problem. What a nightmare over a #$%@ing fuse.