Rx300 Door Locks

41superc

Hello Fans,

In our shop we have a '99 RX300 with a door lock problem. When trying to lock the front doors using the

remote, the locks "twich" and rattle, but can't pull down into the lock position. The rear

doors do fine, and it locks fine with the key. We have the wiring diagram from the TIS site, but on

initial reading. we don't see any component that affects just the front doors. Hoping someone else has

seen this problem and fixed it.

Thanks,

Paul Smith

pasmithauto@nc.rr.com

Cary, NC

I can't help you in the solving dept but I can say that I currently have the same problem with my drivers door. It actually solved itself partially as at first the door wouldn't lock with the remote and I just began to flick it locked when I got out. Now it locks but not on the first beep. I'll click the remote and it'll beep then a second or so later a second beep and all the doors are locked. Go figure. Sorry I couldn't halp solving the problem but I am impressed at your resorcefulness for the client.

Hello Fans,

In our shop we have a '99 RX300 with a door lock problem. When trying to lock the front doors using the

remote, the locks "twich" and rattle, but can't pull down into the lock position. The rear

doors do fine, and it locks fine with the key. We have the wiring diagram from the TIS site, but on

initial reading. we don't see any component that affects just the front doors. Hoping someone else has

seen this problem and fixed it.

Thanks,

Paul Smith

pasmithauto@nc.rr.com

Cary, NC

I had the same problem with my driver door, 2 years back with my 1999 RX300. I lived with it for a year and then finally went to the dealer and he replaced the door lock assembly. I think it costed me around $300-350 :cries: . I hope this helps.

I can't help you in the solving dept but I can say that I currently have the same problem with my drivers door. It actually solved itself partially as at first the door wouldn't lock with the remote and I just began to flick it locked when I got out. Now it locks but not on the first beep. I'll click the remote and it'll beep then a second or so later a second beep and all the doors are locked. Go figure. Sorry I couldn't halp solving the problem but I am impressed at your resorcefulness for the client.

Thanks for the reply. I probably will have to fix this one. New lock is about $350, installed. If you want to know what fixed it, e-mail me in a couple weeks. (My dealer stocks it, so it must have a regular turnover)

--Paul Smith

Cary, NC

pasmithauto@nc.rr.com

• 3 weeks later...

This reply is a little late, but if anyone is interested...

My drivers door has been having similar symptoms... it will not lock with the remote but will unlock about 50% of the time...

My understanding, feel free to confirm or quash this. is the LOCK is not the problem. There is actually a solenoid malfunctioning that causes this problem. Since the rear drivers side door is almost never opened, I had planned on swapping the "gizmos" (if possible) . I took my door apart and could not be sure which "gizmo" was the problem.

When putting the door back, I noticed there are 2 cable tension adjusters right by the pull handle. I think its not by chance that there are so many of us with this problem and its almost always the drivers door. First chance I get, I plan to take the door off again and see if adjusting the cables restores the lock/unlock function. If it works, I will post the details.

Also, if you take the door off, there is one screw hidden under the window control panel. Since you have to carefully pry the panel off to access the screw, its worth the time to put masking tape all over the "wood" trim area to prevent/minimize the chance of cracking or breaking the panel.

Good luck.

Nick