P.s. Pump Leak Alternator Gone

With the car on ramps in my driveway I am a little stressed out :cries: I know the PS pump is leaking and the alternator is soaked in fluid. I have a couple options, if money didn't matter I would go to the dealer for the parts w/ no hesitations. But my questions are: should I go to the dealer and fork over the money for a reman. alternator for $385 and $420 for the PS pump?

When I called the dealer I found out I needed the 120 amp alternator vs. the 100 amp version on some of the sc's. So... when I called most of the places like pep boys, advance auto parts & auto zone they only had the 100 amp alternator. Even when I went to the denso website it called for a 100 amp alternator and there wasn't any listing there for a 120 amp alternator.

Next question, should I buy the Power steering pump from the dealer...buy the re-seal kit and have a toyota mechanic re-build it....or just buy a re-built P.S. Pump from pep boys..etc. and save the money.

I usually will always spend the extra money just for the toyota/lexus name b/c I know I can trust the part and won't have any worries.

But should I just save as much money as I can and buy the re-built pump and re-built alternator from pep boys etc?

I think $385 plus tax is a little high for a re-built alternator from the dealer, but then again its the dealer.

Any input would be great I searched the forumns for the last two hours and still haven't made a decision yet.

look at the tutorial section on the ps pump u can rebuild it its not that hard if you have a few speciality tools like a slide hammer.

as for the alternator have it rebuilt.

look at the tutorial section on the ps pump u can rebuild it its not that hard if you have a few speciality tools like a slide hammer.

as for the alternator have it rebuilt.

I found a place that would rebuild my alternator for a flat labor fee of $52 plus whatever parts need to be replaced.