Carpet Discoloration In '04 Rx330 Flint Mica/lt. Gray Interior?

donnalynn

The tech said he has never seen it before and looked in the lexus TSB files on the computer and no mention of carpet problems....so he made a report of it to lexus!

My yellow is on the drivers side towards the seat area and thats it--pretty big patch.

If it grows and starts to yellow all over Ill have them replace it.

The tech said he has never seen it before and looked in the lexus TSB files on the computer and no mention of carpet problems....so he made a report of it to lexus!

My yellow is on the drivers side towards the seat area and thats it--pretty big patch.

If it grows and starts to yellow all over Ill have them replace it.

well i've been complaining about this for 2 1/2 years, so it surprises me to hear that they don't have this in their files, what is TSB? i recommend that you call lexus customer service and report it yourself, because they start a file for you and you could ask them if they've had any complaints about this issue. I'd be curious to know if they claim no one else has complained about this problem as they have told me.

Ahh...I was going to do that! Let me make that call today to see what they say

Well I called them and of course he has heard nothing of it but he didnt have access to the full database he says and was going to foward the concern to whoever looks at all this stuff---I will keep an eye on my carpet and if it does spread out--I will be asking for replacement but see no need to do it yet.

• 7 months later...

I am having exactly the same problem with a 2006 RX330. Color is the same... carpet is also gray. The passenger side carpet only under the mat has yellow stains that will not come out. I am trying to work with Lexus to get this repaired. Did you finally resolve the problem? Was there any additional informtaion discovered on the reason?

thanks

Tom

I am having exactly the same problem with a 2006 RX330. Color is the same... carpet is also gray. The passenger side carpet only under the mat has yellow stains that will not come out. I am trying to work with Lexus to get this repaired. Did you finally resolve the problem? Was there any additional informtaion discovered on the reason?

thanks

Tom

Not really. I had to go to arbitration last summer since Lexus and my dealer were only willing to pay part of the carpet replacement costs, i would have to fork out $414. Since i didn't cause this problem, i didn't think on principal that i should have to. i hired a carpet expert who could only determine that i hadn't spilled anything on the carpet and that the problem was spreading from bottom of fibers to top of fibers not the other way around indicating that it was not damaged by me. The carpet expert could not determine the exact cause without extensive tests that would cost more than replacing the carpet. I lost because they determined the problem does not affect the use, value or safety of the vehicle. I also lost because Lexus insisted that this problem was not happening to any other customer anywhere else and i was the only person who had this complaint, that's why i joined this club so i could find others who did have this problem. i just bought a new 2007 rx 350, but i got black carpet this time.

thanks

Tom

Not really. I had to go to arbitration last summer since Lexus and my dealer were only willing to pay part of the carpet replacement costs, i would have to fork out $414. Since i didn't cause this problem, i didn't think on principal that i should have to. i hired a carpet expert who could only determine that i hadn't spilled anything on the carpet and that the problem was spreading from bottom of fibers to top of fibers not the other way around indicating that it was not damaged by me. The carpet expert could not determine the exact cause without extensive tests that would cost more than replacing the carpet. I lost because they determined the problem does not affect the use, value or safety of the vehicle. I also lost because Lexus insisted that this problem was not happening to any other customer anywhere else and i was the only person who had this complaint, that's why i joined this club so i could find others who did have this problem. i just bought a new 2007 rx 350, but i got black carpet this time.

Sorry to hear that. DId you have any white particles being blown out onto the dash from the defroster vents? I am taking the car in Tuesday to have them look at dash rattles and the particles. I am supposed to take it in to meet with a regional representative the first week in January. This is my fourth Lexus. I buy them for the service as well as the car. If they don't fix it I think it will be our last Lexus.

Thanks for replying.

Tom

thanks

Tom

Sorry to hear that. DId you have any white particles being blown out onto the dash from the defroster vents? I am taking the car in Tuesday to have them look at dash rattles and the particles. I am supposed to take it in to meet with a regional representative the first week in January. This is my fourth Lexus. I buy them for the service as well as the car. If they don't fix it I think it will be our last Lexus.

Thanks for replying.

Tom

Well i didn't notice the particles but i don't use the defroster here in los angeles much if at all, just normal dust particles that show up on the black dash and no rattles. i'd like to hear what they say about your carpet though, i'll bet you money that they tell you you're the only one with this problem.

thanks

Tom

Thanks for replying.

Tom

Well i didn't notice the particles but i don't use the defroster here in los angeles much if at all, just normal dust particles that show up on the black dash and no rattles. i'd like to hear what they say about your carpet though, i'll bet you money that they tell you you're the only one with this problem.

They tried. I printed this string of postings and sent it to the service manager. As this is the fourth Lexus from this dealership I called my sales rep and told him I was not happy. They have been more helpful. The service tech who rode with me to find a rattle today looked and said he did not see how something the exact shape of the mat including sides and up the firewall could possibly be a water leak. We'll see. The car is at the dealership. I dropped it off an hour ago.

Tom

thanks

Tom

Thanks for replying.

Tom

Service department discovered the white particles are styrofoam from the heater box. They also believe these may have stopped up the drain. They are replacing the carpet, heater box and working on rattles. I am very happy with their response. I have a loaner .. this may take a while.

Tom