The Lexus Group Vice President/general Manager

CanadaCraig

Hi Guys!! :)

Bob Carter, the Lexus Group Vice President and General Manager, gave a speech just before the New York Auto Show. [so I gather - based on what he said IN the speech]

And I quote...

"I'm talking about, the "King Kong" of hybrids, the world's first, V-8, hybrid sedan. The LS hybrid will feature a new, 5-liter, direct injection V-8, matched with a powerful electric motor. Together, they produce over 430 horsepower and amazing torque that will rival the performance of some V12 engines.

Besides being the fastest Lexus, this new hybrid will be exceptionally clean and efficient. It's expected to carry a Super Ultra Low Emission rating and produce 80 percent fewer smog-forming emissions while delivering about 30 percent better mileage than its, big, V-8 competitors."

Click on THIS to read the entire speech.

[i hope this hasn't been posted and/or referred to before]

Craig!! :)

PS If the GS450h can reach 60 MPH in 5.2 seconds and the LS600L Hybrid is 'the fastest Lexus'.... what are 'we' talking about? The LS Hybrid will get to 60 in UNDER 5 SECONDS?! YIKES!! :D