Breaking Me In!

beepaj

Well I've had my new '05 for four days now and here are my impressions ... so far.

Build quality is impeccable. Seams match, leather feels great as does the wood & plastic, everything works flawlessly (except Sirius keeps losing the signal), paint is beautiful ("Shale" Blue). Although the interior is very nice, small, but nice, there are a few things I'd like to see. First of all, a front interior light that operates when the doors open. When the back arm rest is down, it would be nice if the pass thru had some kind of covering instead of the plastic. I had a chance to sit in the back for the first time. I had no idea how small it was (I previously owned an MB E320), but I won't be sitting back there very often anyway. I would like a bit more driving 'excitment'. B) I'm not looking for a sports car but just a tad more, what I call, 'feelability'. :rolleyes: I feel a little too detached from the driving experience. I know, your saying: "you should have looked at the GS", well I did and did'nt like the ride.

I was told going from a European ride to this would be a change. I'm not complaining just thinking out loud. :)

Well I've had my new '05 for four days now and here are my impressions ... so far.

Build quality is impeccable. Seams match, leather feels great as does the wood & plastic, everything works flawlessly (except Sirius keeps losing the signal), paint is beautiful ("Shale" Blue). Although the interior is very nice, small, but nice, there are a few things I'd like to see. First of all, a front interior light that operates when the doors open. When the back arm rest is down, it would be nice if the pass thru had some kind of covering instead of the plastic. I had a chance to sit in the back for the first time. I had no idea how small it was (I previously owned an MB E320), but I won't be sitting back there very often anyway. I would like a bit more driving 'excitment'. B) I'm not looking for a sports car but just a tad more, what I call, 'feelability'. :rolleyes: I feel a little too detached from the driving experience. I know, your saying: "you should have looked at the GS", well I did and did'nt like the ride.

I was told going from a European ride to this would be a change. I'm not complaining just thinking out loud. :)

did u get a good deal, now that they are trying to get rid of the 05 and 06s.

also. did u expereience the tranny issue

Well I paid $33K for it. The car has every conceivable option. ML, voice activated NAV w/SAT, adaptive HID's, upgraded wheels, adjustible suspension, remote starter, rear window shade, heated/cooled front seats, I'm sure I'm forgetting something. It came all wrapped up in "Shale" Blue (grey 2 me) w/black int. She has only 7K miles on it (actually got a new car loan rate). Think I got a good deal.

(still miss the Benz ..... but not as much as I first did!) ;)