Motorola Ihf 1000 Bluetooth Car Kit

Bill H

I have reviewed all information regarding cell phones integrated within the LS 400.

I have a 1997 LS with the nakamichi sound system and a lexus phone system built in.

Can I splice into the the Lexus phone cradle and wire the Motorola into it. I also looked at the Parrot system and their instructions specifically said that I had to go to the dealer to install.

Is this the case with the motorola and if not has anyone done this?

Also, most ipod post are quite old so has anyone managed to integrate the ipod into the nakamichi system.

My other car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Infinity system and I put the Monster Icruz controller in and it works perfectly. I can even use the steering wheel controls for the ipod.

Any help on these two topics wood be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Bill, you definantly don't need to go to the dealer for a cell phone install. It's really easy. ;) IMO, there is no need to chop up the Lexus cell phone to try and integrate your Moto with it since when you can remove that old analog cell and just install your Motorola. There is a harness at the back, driver's side of the console that lets you wire up an automute which is probably the best feature of the car phone!

A hardwired iPod is going to be a custom hack job likely involving the loss of your cd changer. ;)

:cheers: