Clayed For The First Time

The lower door panels on my ES were feeling really rough so I decided to try clay. I bought clay magic at autozone and used it the other day. Overall it did a great job. The panels that felt like sandpaper before were smooth like glass. I did get a little worried when I first started using it though. It felt like I was rubbing a piece of ice(?) or a rock on the panel when I first applied it, but then it smoothed with several passes. I used a good bit of the lube that came with it. I also tried soapy water but got the same thing. I realize there was a ton of road grime on my car, but do you guys get the same rough feeling when using clay? Thanks guys.

The lower door panels on my ES were feeling really rough so I decided to try clay. I bought clay magic at autozone and used it the other day. Overall it did a great job. The panels that felt like sandpaper before were smooth like glass. I did get a little worried when I first started using it though. It felt like I was rubbing a piece of ice(?) or a rock on the panel when I first applied it, but then it smoothed with several passes. I used a good bit of the lube that came with it. I also tried soapy water but got the same thing. I realize there was a ton of road grime on my car, but do you guys get the same rough feeling when using clay? Thanks guys.

I did the first time. Now it is nothing . I am like you and went through a lot of lube. So I bought a gallon of it! For me, the worst (car wise) is after winters here in Mass. The blue magic clay is black when done!