Stereo Question

Kelly

I was wondering if there was some type of adapter to split the input between the 6disc in car changer, and another say 1/8 inch audio input adapter. I would like to keep use of my cd changer, but would also like to have the ability to hook up XM/Sirius without using the horrid FM Tuner that they like to use so much. Im a big audiophile, sop quality is important to me. I know 1/8inch isnt the best, but it sure beats the FM method. I would also love the ability to connect my iPod as burning 3-6 cd's a week can be expensive and a waste of resources.

Thanks in advance

Car is a 99 lexus es300

• 1 year later...

I'm with you... I have a '97 ES300 that I'd love to get the IPod and XM integrated into the stereo. I've researched it out a bit and I can't find anything better than using the tape or replacing the unit.

Please let me know if you find anything good.

'97 ES300

I have a '98 ES300 and just installed Soundgate's "SDSTOYO" adapter. It allows you to have 2 aux inputs for your Ipod or XM/Sirrius. It also allows you to keep your factory 6cd changer. You get a 3 position toggle switch to go from your changer to either of the inputs you want. Thier website is http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?request...goryid=216&

I installed it and it works flawlessly, awesome sound too. I put the toggle switch where the cigarette lighter normally is by the ashtray. Very slick...I'll post some pics later.

HTH

Chris

I'm with you... I have a '97 ES300 that I'd love to get the IPod and XM integrated into the stereo. I've researched it out a bit and I can't find anything better than using the tape or replacing the unit.

Please let me know if you find anything good.

'97 ES300