Rear Seat Entertainment System On Rx 400h

I opted to forgo the RSES on my 400h as I wanted a dual head rest DVD system, unfortunately these "Mobile Video Experts" in Northern Cali seem to be anything but..

So... I have a bunch of questions which I am throwing out there for anyone with a RX 400h with RSES.

Per the RX 400h manual, it seems like you can display the front NAV screen on the rear monitor of the RSES. Is this correct? This implies that the signal for the front video is available somewhere in the wiring harness. Anyone know for sure where the output for the front NAV screen is located?

The manual also suggests that you can pull up the video from the RSES on the front NAV screen when the vehicle is in Park. This implies that there is also a video input somewhere in the wiring harness, with a Resolution of 480x240/256 colors, I can't imagine the picture quality is any good. The mobile video experts claim that to do that aftermarket video to the front screen, I need a part that runs $800-$1200.

Has anyone seen a factory service manual or tell me where I can obtain PDF's for the RX 400h that describe in detail the wiring harness amongst the other servicable parts for this vehicle?

I opted to forgo the RSES on my 400h as I wanted a dual head rest DVD system, unfortunately these "Mobile Video Experts" in Northern Cali seem to be anything but..

So... I have a bunch of questions which I am throwing out there for anyone with a RX 400h with RSES.

Per the RX 400h manual, it seems like you can display the front NAV screen on the rear monitor of the RSES. Is this correct? This implies that the signal for the front video is available somewhere in the wiring harness. Anyone know for sure where the output for the front NAV screen is located?

The manual also suggests that you can pull up the video from the RSES on the front NAV screen when the vehicle is in Park. This implies that there is also a video input somewhere in the wiring harness, with a Resolution of 480x240/256 colors, I can't imagine the picture quality is any good. The mobile video experts claim that to do that aftermarket video to the front screen, I need a part that runs $800-$1200.

Has anyone seen a factory service manual or tell me where I can obtain PDF's for the RX 400h that describe in detail the wiring harness amongst the other servicable parts for this vehicle?

Yes, you can display the map from the rear screen. you press the "map button" on the remote control.

Yes you can watch the DVD in the front providing the emergency brake is on AND you are not moving.

The DVD video is not bad at all.

I have not seen a manual. There are supposed to be someone out there selling some adapter to change how things work, like circumventing the dvd lockout. I have heard they run $800+