Help! Factory Alarm Driving Me Crazy!

MrXerox

Hey gang, I have a 99 RX300 and unless I have the key in the ignition within 30 seconds of opening the door (even with the key) the damn alarm goes off!? The dealership wants $400.00 to fix this. I have done a search on these forums but have not come up with any concrete answer to my problem. If someone could please help me out I would be $400.00 in virtual debt to them :D

is your pin switch turning on the interior light

it may be the pin around the edge of the door does not release

so the car thinks the door never opened thus relocks the doors and activates the alarm

try to see if it does or not

it usually happens to vehicles not used much

Well, the dome light seems to be fine. The problem is that anytime I close the door, locked or unlocked after about 15 seconds the factory alarm kicks in. If I open the door with the key and get in, everything is fine. However, If I just run in somewhere real fast and dont want to lock the door and then open it while I am standing there talking to someone for example, after 10 seconds or so the horn and lights start going off. The only way around this at present it to put the key in the ignition before the 10 seconds is up which is a real pain sometimes. Is there any easy way to turn this crap off?

there are options called c-best from lexus

to change the way the car works with the alarm

liek rolling down the windows and closing them

and other things

it is supposed to be free

do a c best search to get a closed idea on the exact options you awnt to change

that are available