Braking On Turns

prix

used lexus brake pads on a brake job six months ago...shortly thereafter, rounding a corner at around 30mph, needed to stop fast, but when i pressed on the brakes (road was dry), i got vibration through the brake pedal, and a slight skidding before the brakes worked. this morning, same thing...trying to get out of a parking space (was parallel parked between two other cars, so i was moving the car back and forth trying to get out). i noticed that again, when pressing on the brakes, i could feel a kind of rough contact being made (hard to describe). it was damp out (not raining) this AM so there may have been moisture there on parts. once i got the car on the road and straighted it out, and used the brakes, everything was back to normal.

i've had other brake jobs done on this car, but never this happen on turns. someone said they thought hte antilock brakes might be engaging? but it did it when the car was practically sitting still this morning (when i was trying to get out of a parking space) so how could it be antilock? did i get a bad brake install? ideas anyone? thanks in advance.