Anybody Got There Retro Projectors Done?

I want to do a retro on my gs400 with stock hid kit. I called 2 guys and the parts are $240. including 2 D2S bulbs + TSX projector and $500. for labor. I know $500. labor sound like alot!! But they are from the hidplanet and clublexus members. Has anybody ever got this done and around how much? Oh yeah it will take 15-21 days for the guy to finish everything because he works and other stuff. Some anybody out there that had it done before and if around NYC let me know. Thanks

It's quite a bit of work, a few friends of mine have done this on their Honda Civics, and it comes out looking amazing, if it's done CORRECTLY. Considering how much they're charging, I'd say they better do a good job, and if they do a good job, you'll love the way they turn out.

It's quite a bit of work, a few friends of mine have done this on their Honda Civics, and it comes out looking amazing, if it's done CORRECTLY. Considering how much they're charging, I'd say they better do a good job, and if they do a good job, you'll love the way they turn out.

Well one guy who's doing the job has posted alot of his work on clublexus and hidplanet, so I think it should be no problem, however it's just the time frame from 15-21 days to finish the job. That means I can't drive my baby until 1 month later. But can you tell me will it be brighter than stock hid output. Thank you

... Why not just buy a second set of headlights, most of the work is fabricating the housings. They typically sell on Ebay for about $60 a piece, so ask yourself this: Is $120 worth having your baby for the fabrication time?

I say it would be well worth it.

Because then after the job is done, you have another set you can resell and make your money back.

The installation shouldn't take more than a few hours AT MOST, they just have to install the Ballasts, wire up everything, and install the headlights.

And they use stock components, so the output shouldn't be any brighter. But it will look DAAAAMN good. Have you considered doing the Yellow HID Foglights?

... Why not just buy a second set of headlights, most of the work is fabricating the housings. They typically sell on Ebay for about $60 a piece, so ask yourself this: Is $120 worth having your baby for the fabrication time?

I say it would be well worth it.

Because then after the job is done, you have another set you can resell and make your money back.

The installation shouldn't take more than a few hours AT MOST, they just have to install the Ballasts, wire up everything, and install the headlights.

And they use stock components, so the output shouldn't be any brighter. But it will look DAAAAMN good. Have you considered doing the Yellow HID Foglights?

I have 4300K hid fog lights now, I figure after seeing the projectors done on my headlights would make it brighter than stock output, but if the output is the same what's the point. I do have 3 cars to drive even if I do send my headlights in to be worked with. So I can still drive, just the fact I won't be drive the gs4 until 1 month later. thanks I'll just think about the retro for now then.

Oooooh, I thought you were asking would the output be bright than STOCK HID... It will definately be brighter than stock GS lighting.

Thanks for the reply. But do you know how hard it is the do the project yourself. Out of 1-10 what's your rating?

3-4... Keep in mind my only experience with them is on Honda Civics, and even then, I've never done it COMPLETELY myself, I've just helped. So in the case of your car being a Lexus and all, I'd probably just pay to have it done, and know it's done correctly.

3-4... Keep in mind my only experience with them is on Honda Civics, and even then, I've never done it COMPLETELY myself, I've just helped. So in the case of your car being a Lexus and all, I'd probably just pay to have it done, and know it's done correctly.

Thanks for all your help. Me and my friend decided to diy ourself. I already found 1 friend who knows how to install these.

• 5 months later...