Best Spoiler

rayh78

Have a 2001 IS300 without a spoiler. Wanted to make sure I get one that is good quality and fits good. Had an aftermarket one a few years back I put on a cheaper mazda. Did not fit that well and after a few years water leak into the trunk. So dont want to drill holes in a lexus and install junk.

Found a GS style I like on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1

Seemed like good quality so ordered painted to match. But the spoiler mounts do not match good with the trunk. Mounting part of spoiler does not match the contour of the trunk. If I do mount this there will be a 1/8" gap in a few place the gasket does not correct.

Any suggestions?

I would just as well buy another one and lose the money on this one if I have to worry about leaks and not being up to lexus quality.

Thanks

Have a 2001 IS300 without a spoiler. Wanted to make sure I get one that is good quality and fits good. Had an aftermarket one a few years back I put on a cheaper mazda. Did not fit that well and after a few years water leak into the trunk. So dont want to drill holes in a lexus and install junk.

Found a GS style I like on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1

Seemed like good quality so ordered painted to match. But the spoiler mounts do not match good with the trunk. Mounting part of spoiler does not match the contour of the trunk. If I do mount this there will be a 1/8" gap in a few place the gasket does not correct.

Any suggestions?

I would just as well buy another one and lose the money on this one if I have to worry about leaks and not being up to lexus quality.

Thanks

Can't get the Ebay link to work

• 6 months later...